We are a therapeutic boarding school for girls in Ohio. We are located in the Southeast and we serve girls from across the US. including Ohio. We have international students and have enrolled from 5 different countries.
The Evangelhouse therapeutic boarding school for girls was established in 1995 to serve Christian families with a quality residential treatment option for troubled teen girls.
The strength of the Evangelhouse therapeutic boarding school for girls program is based on our ability to establish a supportive community environment for your daughter. Each staff member is responsible for leading comparable-aged girls on similar topics that are formed based on the unique emotional needs your daughter presents.
Therapeutic Boarding Schools Defined
Therapeutic boarding schools such as Evangelhouse are designed to deal with specific behavioral health issues. We exclusively serve girls in grades 6 through 12 that have mood disorders, ADHD, depression, family discord, defiance, anger, and more. Girls come to Evangelhouse therapeutic boarding school for approximately a school year or longer.
Evangelhouse therapeutic boarding school for girls is unique in that we don’t take teens with higher-level needs that require more intensive treatment. Parents are often glad to hear this and that their daughter will not be exposed to higher-level issues that they might experience at a residential treatment center or other locked facility.
In therapeutic boarding schools like Evangelhouse, academics are administered through qualified teachers and the Louisana Department of Education. We must adhere to strict standards for quality education in order to maintain our accreditation.
Therapeutic boarding schools are not intensive in inpatient psychiatric hospitals. They are more akin to group homes or home-based residential programs. Because students are not physically locked-in like in residential treatment centers, we can enjoy a host of activities like horseback riding, bike riding, soccer, volleyball, community service project, and outings.
As opposed to residential treatment centers com treatment centers, therapeutic boarding schools have a stronger academic focus as the student is generally college-bound. Because of this, we put special focus on ensuring our girls are ready to face the challenges of independence in addition to preparing them for a successful transition home.
Christian boarding schools for teen girls, such as Evangelhouse, provide a number of advantages. Our girls receive the individual attention they require to avoid falling behind academically from teachers that are academically qualified and also understand the mental health issues the students are enrolled for. Girls acquire resilience and self-reliance at Evangelhouse therapeutic boarding school. Girls who attend have a better chance of developing skills to ensure they are successful in college and beyond.
Ohio Girls That Need a Therapeutic Boarding School
- A new national report found that nearly 25% of Ohio residents are experiencing mental health issues (Source: “Mental health issues affect nearly 25% of Ohio adults,” Axios Columbus, Nov. 9).
- According to nonprofit Mental Health America’s annual mental health rankings, Ohio slid from 11th to 25th in the nation, meaning the situation dramatically worsened year-over-year.
- In fact, Ohio had the third-worst decline in mental health rankings in the nation. The report measures the prevalence of issues as well as access to health care.21% of youth (12-17) in the U.S. experience a severe mental health disorder at some time in their life.
- In Ohio, approximately 50% of girls age 14 and older with a mental illness drop out of high school.
- One out of five girls ages 12 to 17 had experienced major depression within the last year.
- 8.9 percent of teen girls experiment with drugs every month.