Behavioral Health with Christian Influences 24/7
The strength of the Evangelhouse Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for Nevada girls program is based on our ability to establish a supportive community environment for your daughter. Each staff member is responsible for leading comparable-aged girls on similar topics that are formed based on the unique emotional needs your daughter presents. These communities aim to be more like a family, with more warmth and acceptance.
The teenage years may be perplexing and demanding. Teenagers may want freedom, but they also want to fit in. While they may be far from their parents, they nonetheless seek guidance as they deal with important issues and moral dilemmas. Some teenagers may make wiser judgments, particularly when it comes to moral choices if they have a feeling of spirituality and a belief in a higher power. This is why Christian influences are so important during the teenage years, and at Evangelhouse Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for Nevada girls, we can provide these positive influences around the clock.
Did you know?
- Only 8% of US youths who claimed to be Christians actually exhibit the attitudes and behaviors of devout followers of Christ.
- Of Christian teenagers, 46% have never read the Bible.
- 58% of Christian teens believe they don’t have a responsibility to share their faith.
Evangelhouse Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for girls from Nevada emphasizes and promotes community service. There are many benefits that our students receive by participating in this aspect of the program. One benefit is learning by doing to develop strong working relationships. While students are giving back to their communities, they are learning how to become responsible and respectful. They grow to understand that teamwork is established on the basis of trust in that each individual promises to deliver on their responsibilities to the program.
Your daughter will benefit by living in a structured community at Evangelhouse Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for girls. Part of the experience of this community is becoming a member of positive peer culture. Receiving helpful feedback from her peers will be helpful to your daughter as she learns to work with her peer group to overcome challenges. When your daughter experiences positive connections with her peers, it will foster her positive self-esteem and image.
The culture of Evangelhouse Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for Nevada girls mandates that every member of the peer group has a responsibility for their own welfare as well as for the welfare of the group. Our staff provides a safe setting where your daughter is encouraged to share emotional issues. Prior to the therapy session, the group will establish norms and expectations and then come to an agreement on how to enforce them.
Statistics on Girls That Need a Residential Treatment Center in Nevada
- Mental Health America released its “State of Mental Health” report and rankings Wednesday. Nevada placed 51st — behind every other state and the District of Columbia. Nevada ranked 51st in last year’s report, and in the previous year.
- Mental Health America uses 15 different measures for its rankings. Nevada performed poorly in the majority of the report’s measures. Among the most troubling findings:
- Nevada had the highest percentage of youth coping with severe major depression: 12.7 percent. The national average was 8.7 percent.
- Nevada also had the second highest percentage of adults with a mental illness who receive no treatment: 63 percent. Only Hawaii had a larger percentage. The national average was 56.4 percent.
- Nevada ranked 48th for adult mental health and 51st for youth mental health.21% of youth (12-17) in the U.S. experience a severe mental health disorder at some time in their life.
You can find resources on mental health resources in Nevada here: https://www.nevada211.org/