The Right Setting is Critical for Effective Residential Trauma Treatment
For girls from New York who have experienced trauma, finding the right place to receive treatment is crucial. A girls-only Christian residential treatment center like Evangelhouse trauma treatment center for New York girls can be an ideal place for young women to receive care and support as they heal from their trauma.
Firstly, Evangelhouse girls-only Christian residential trauma treatment center provides a safe and supportive environment for young women to heal. Girls who have experienced trauma may struggle to trust others, especially men, due to their experiences. A girls-only environment can help young women feel more comfortable and secure, allowing them to engage more fully in their treatment. In a Christian residential treatment center like Evangelhouse, girls can also receive spiritual support and guidance, which can be a powerful source of comfort and healing.
Moreover, Evangelhouse trauma treatment center for New York girls provides evidence-based therapies that have been shown to be effective in treating trauma. These therapies may include cognitive-behavioral therapy, dialectical behavior therapy, and both individual and group therapy.
Evangelhouse trauma treatment center for New York girls offers a holistic approach to treatment that addresses the physical, emotional, and spiritual needs of young women. Girls receive medical care and support, along with counseling and therapy. They also participate in activities that promote physical health, such as exercise and nutrition programs. The holistic approach of the Evangelhouse Christian residential treatment center ensures that young women receive care that addresses all aspects of their well-being.
Statistics on Girls in New York that Need a Trauma Treatment Center
- Every year, more than 1 in 5 New Yorkers has symptoms of a mental disorder.
- Moreover, in any year in New York, 1 in 10 adults and children experience mental health challenges serious enough to affect functioning in work, family and school life.
- The disease burden or total cost of mental illness in New York exceeds that caused by all cancers.
- 21% of youth (12-17) in the U.S. experience a severe mental health disorder at some time in their life.
- In New York, approximately 50% of girls age 14 and older with a mental illness drop out of high school.
- One out of five girls ages 12 to 17 had experienced major depression within the last year.
- 8.9 percent of teen girls experiment with drugs every month.
- 16.4 percent of teen girls abuse alcohol.
- 9.5 percent of teen girls engage in binge drinking.