Individualized Treatment at our Behavioral Healthcare Center for Girls
At Evangelhouse Behavioral Healthcare Center for South Dakota girls, we will customize the treatment strategy for your daughter based on her individualized needs. Even though there are specific therapies that are often the most successful, there is no such thing as a one-size-fits-all cure for any mental condition. Treatment plans should take the patient’s diagnosis, history, physical condition, and preferences into consideration.
Making sure that your daughter’s mental health concerns are fully taken care of is an essential component of this first examination and treatment planning. Co-occurring disorders are frequent, and the best therapy takes all of them into account at once. For instance, if a loved one has an alcohol use disorder in addition to depression, they will require therapy for both issues in order to prevent relapses in the future.
Before deciding to admit your daughter to any Behavioral Healthcare Center for South Dakota girls, inquire about the personnel at each facility. The top programs like Evangelhouse Behavioral Healthcare Center have professionals that are knowledgeable in several facets of mental health and therapy. It is insufficient to only have numerous therapists on staff. In order to effectively serve troubled girls, programs need to have expertise in various forms of treatment and mental disease.
Additionally, the Behavioral Healthcare Center for South Dakota girls should have a collaborative care philosophy among its employees. At Evangelhouse Behavioral Healthcare Center, we actively collaborate with parents and other treatment professionals for the benefit of our girls. We confer with one another and decide on their course of action for therapy and treatments depending on each girl’s individualized needs. Not just therapists but also doctors, nurses, milieu staff, and other professionals are involved in collaborative care.
The therapeutic community members at Evangelhouse Behavioral Healthcare Center actively assist one another. This offers a higher standard of care. Having a supportive community is advantageous for your daughter since social support is crucial for healthy mental health. Supporting people actively has positive effects on mental health. As your loved one supports and assists people around them, it will boost their self-efficacy and self-confidence, increasing their sense of competence and self-worth.
Behavioral Healthcare Center for Girls in South Dakota: Facts and Figures
- In South Dakota, about 48,000 residents are diagnosed with mental illness and receive mental health treatment.
- A significant spike in the number of suicides in South Dakota in the first three months of 2021 has put the state on pace for a record year for suicide deaths and has prevention experts worried that a long-range mental-health crisis may be emerging.
- New data from the state Department of Health show that from January through March, 59 people died by suicide in South Dakota.
- In South Dakota, approximately 50% of girls age 14 and older with a mental illness drop out of high school.
- One out of five girls ages 12 to 17 had experienced major depression within the last year.