What is a Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for Girls?
If you are searching for a Christian Behavioral Healthcare Center for girls you are probably coming across a lot of definitions and program types online. You might have found various terms like:
- Therapeutic Boarding School
- Christian Boarding School
- Residential Treatment Center for Girls
- Inpatient Psychiatric Hospital for Teens
Teenagers or adolescent girls in grades 6-12 who require round-the-clock care can get mental evaluation and treatment in the medically supervised inpatient adolescent program at Evangelhouse. Evangelhouse is a behavioral healthcare center for girls who need round-the-clock inpatient psychiatric care in a supportive, Christian-based atmosphere.
Our Behavioral Healthcare Program
The treatment program at our inpatient mental health center offers young women the chance to acquire and practice behavioral strategies to handle a variety of emotional, behavioral, social, educational, and family challenges in a highly controlled, safe setting. This is done through qualified, licensed behavioral health providers in a Christian setting.
After receiving therapy for child and adolescent behavioral health difficulties, our treatment team keeps track of each child and teenager’s development to ensure that they can stabilize and go back to a less controlling environment as soon as feasible. Typically, girls attend Evangelhouse for a school year or calendar year.
At Evangelhouse behavioral healthcare center for girls, we understand that inpatient child and teen mental health care are not one-size-fits-all. Our inpatient psychiatric services for girls are intended to treat mental health conditions of various types, including:
- Impulsive and aggressive actions
- Issues and symptoms caused by traumatic stress
- Anxiety and depression
- Substance use disorders that coexist with mental health issues
- Suicidal ideation and self-injury
- Psychological problems that effect family relationships and academic performance
Our Medical Staff
The mental health specialists at Evangelhouse are prepared to offer mental health treatments for children and adolescent girls with a variety of underlining issues. Our treatment professionals range from psychiatrists and psychologists to mental health therapists, counselors, and academic professionals.
During your daughter’s time at our Christian behavioral healthcare center, our mental health professionals create a treatment plan that builds on their strengths, addresses their shortcomings, and helps them reach objectives.
Inpatient Care and Teen Depression
Here are some alarming figures regarding teen depression. Teen and teenage suicides have been sharply increasing in recent years, according to suicide.org. If you are considering an inpatient behavioral healthcare center for your daughter, consider these concerning numbers:
- Before they are 18, over 20% of all teenagers suffer from depression.
- For young individuals aged 15 to 24, suicide ranks third in terms of causes of mortality.
- At any given time, 10 to 15 percent experience symptoms.
- Only 30% of depressed teenagers receive treatment.
- A teen in the US commits suicide once every 100 minutes.
The risk of depression and suicide is higher for certain teenagers than for others. These factors are well-known:
- Teens with a family history of depression or mental illness: 20–50% of depressed teens have a relative who also has depression or another mental condition.
- Teenage girls experience depression twice as frequently as teenage boys.
- Teenagers who have ongoing medical disorders or other physical issues are at danger.
- Adolescents who have gone through trauma or household disturbances, such as parent deaths or divorce.
- Teenagers with untreated mental health issues or substance abuse issues: About two-thirds of teenagers who have significant depression also struggle with other mood disorders such dysthymia, anxiety, antisocial behaviors, or drug addiction.
- Teens who have been mistreated or abused are particularly at danger.